Wednesday 16 January 2013

Reflection on Web 2.0 Tools


Web 2.0 tools were taught to us in my MIS subject in my final semester before my graduation. This has been a great experience and I learnt a lot from it. The MIS subject designed a project that made us use each and every tool in a different way. It showed us and taught us to explore the different tools and learnt that they have their own specialties and advantages. Some of the tools helped us for presentations and also helped us express ourselves. My lecturer Mr. Tridib, specially assigned one of the tools called “Google Calendar” and made it my topic to train the students and teach them about it.

Some of the tools we used were Google Chrome, Google Calendar, Google searching, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and Gmail.

I will now tell you my experience with some of my most favorite tools.

Google Chrome:
Google chrome is one of the best web browsers that I have used till date. Initially I used to use other web browsers but I get the fastest and most accurate results from Google Chrome.

Google Calendar:
This was the topic given to me by my professor and I had to research on it and talk about it to everyone. At the beginning I did not know anything about it. But once I learnt how to use Google Calendar, I learnt how to manage all my appointments and important events in my life. It helps me set and track important things. This tool also has the option to synchronize the appointments and events with any smart phone so that it becomes even handier to us.

Twitter:
Twitter is an online social networking site and a blogging service that enables us to send and read text-based messages of up to 140 characters that are known as “tweets”. This tool gives us an option to follow different people in life from friends to colleagues to TV stars and actors.



Google searching:
Google searching is one of the best search engines I have ever used. It is very accurate and gives the search results in a matter of seconds. I learnt the tips of how to use Google search for example like searching for a particular file type (like PDF). Google search also has the ability to change the search results according to the different IP addresses in different locations around the world. For example, if we go to the US and searched for a particular thing, the results would be based on the location there.

Facebook:
Facebook is a social website and in this current time, the most popular way to connect with friends, colleagues and family. It is a place where people come together and share their thoughts either good or bad and update their statuses and share photos. Friends also have the options to create small private groups and be an active part of it every day. 

Blog:
Blogs allow me to share my thoughts and experiences that took place in my life among different people. It also allows educators and students to collaborate, share instructional resources and create content.   

Gmail:
Gmail is definitely the best one. It is simple, fast and amazing. The filters that we create help us be more organized with our emails. It also has a great connection with other Google tools like Calendar, Blog, Google drive, YouTube etc. Everything from computers to android phones run entirely on Google all the time.
At the end of the day, doing this whole project and creating the blog and learning about these tools was an unforgettable experience. I was able to share this experience and read about my classmates experiences as well. It helped us connect to each other much more and work as a team. I am very happy that we had a chance to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment