Tuesday 8 January 2013

The Life of a Vegetarian in a Meat-Eating World


A huge population on this planet enjoys eating meat. Some can’t survive on a diet without it. The same applies to my family as well. Everyone in my family are meat eaters except for one exception, me.
I have been a vegetarian since childhood. The story behind this is very interesting. As a child, we used to have goats being slaughtered outside my home during a Muslim occasion called Eid. As a child, I happened to stumble and witness a slaughter that was taking place. As a child, this incident turned to be very upsetting for me. Since then, I stopped looking at meat of any kind and turned completely vegetarian.
These are some of the ways that my life has become better after becoming a vegetarian…
I don’t have to clean up animal juices in the kitchen.
I discovered Thai and Indian food.
We have more grocery money to spend on expensive specialty foods.
I don’t even have to think about adding vegetables to my meals.
I sleep a million times better when I don’t go to bed all bloated and full of animal parts.
I spend 80% of my grocery shopping time in the produce section.




No comments:

Post a Comment