Monday 7 January 2013

The stepping stone in my career


My career path started right after high school when I joined Mashreq Bank immediately. Initially I found it very hard to balance between work life, family and the continuation of my studies.  But after a while, I found it easier to balance everything. Time management was of utmost importance for me.

When I first joined Mashreq, I was given training in the Customer Service, Business English and computer skills department for 3 months. I worked as the support staff for the Central Account Department. After a year of working there, I was promoted as an accountant. This helped me choose accounting as my major when I planned to continue my further studies. Not only did it build my foundation in accounting, it also helped me interact with people of all cultures and walks of life.

Important lessons in life were taught to me at the workplace. I learnt how to manage my time and I also learnt how to take responsibilities. I also learnt how to support my colleagues at work and how to work under pressure. I became more bold and courageous and also learnt how to be independent in life at a very early age. I learnt how to analyze and solve my problems, at workplace and in life.

I worked for a total time of 5 years and 3 months at Mashreq Bank. It was a very important foundation for my life and my career. I currently work at Dubai health authority and I have realized how important the experience at Mashreq Bank has been for me and my career


No comments:

Post a Comment